This blog is meant to reflect my honest exploration of spiritual and Christian concepts. I decided to put my thoughts out there in this format for a few different reasons:
- I have so many questions! Writing helps me to solidify and organize those wispy, fleeting thoughts that can be so hard to articulate.
- I’m hoping that feedback from readers will lead me to greater clarity and keep me thinking.
- Bonus if this blog provokes thought and conversation for others.
Before I start – a few things about what I believe (and don’t believe) – so that you know what you’re getting into. 🙂
- I absolutely do not believe that my way is the only right way and everyone else is wrong – or worse yet – damned. It feels incredibly presumptuous to me to assume that anyone can, without error, know and understand what God intends. Even if the Bible is the unpolluted Word of God, there are vastly different takes, translations and interpretations (I will further explore the question of “the only way” in later posts). I can only be open, honest and persevering in my personal search for goodness and truth.
- For me, Christianity is decidedly NOT an easy, comforting thing. It means greater responsibility and obligation. It means making a constant effort to interpret the world and live honestly. It means facing frightening things and being humble enough to rely on God for guidance and strength.
- Despite the challenges, I believe that seeking, acknowledging and doing one’s best to obey (I know that word is touchy for a lot of people) God can lead to a much deeper, more joyful life experience. As for after-life- I don’t doubt it, but I also don’t understand the biblical accounts and implications of eternal life. I’m hoping to gain some insight!
Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think. I know these issues can be emotionally loaded, and I welcome different opinions, but please be respectful if you decide to comment.